Greetings from Bookworm in 2013.
We continue to push and dream that forms of language are all equally important for our creative selves and this year we would like to announce a Thread Narrative exploration through a favourite/ much inspired story.
The creative rules are simple:
1. Think of a story – that has stayed with you. What did it mean ? What did it represent for you? How would you like to translate something from the story using thread and fabric?
2. Find a bit of fabric ( 12 inches X 12 Inches) and start your thread narrative. Share your story memory with us using thread and fabric. Any style, any composition, any form.
3. Write back and let us know you are signing up. We will link you to the thread narrative blog and we will keep posting and sharing ideas, difficulties, insights as we stitch along.
4. Submission of work, either high res digital ( if you live out of Goa) or the physical piece by 30th August 2013.
5. Exhibition of work in September, 2013 in Goa.
6. Carefully curated pieces will be chosen for Bookworm’s Calendar of 2014 around Thread Narratives and Story.
Sign up, stitch with us as we keep the story alive in 2013 and grow.