As we launch into reading Half of a Yellow Sun here is a schedule that might help us exchange ideas as a group:
- Week 1 (Oct 15 – Oct 22) : We will all aim to read about half the novel in this period.
- Week 2 ( Oct 22 – Oct 29) : We will continue reading, aiming to complete some more chapters by the end of the week.This can be decided as a group.
- Simultaneously, in Week 2 we will invite your thoughts on the book so far. We will post some guiding questions on Oct 20th 2010
- Your responses must be posted as a reply on the thread created at http://goabookworm.wordpress.com/
- Please remember the comments will be moderated
- Responses on this thread will be accepted till Oct 29 2010
- A new thread will be created with a new set of guiding questions on November 1st
The schedule for the weeks after November 1st will be put up on a later date. Please remember this is just a proposed schedule to get things going. We encourage you to send in your comments and suggestions to regulate the speed and nature of Book Talk discussions.
Interestingly, Edmund Wilson said, “No two persons ever read the same book.” With that, lets start reading!